LiFe's Poetry In MotIon ~~<@

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rainy Sunday

Buenos Everyone!

Aaahh...my first ever blog, and already the title says it all of my current sad existence of a moment about what I feel. Chocolates anyone? I have to admit one thing before I do go on tho, I had a blog, this is my second actually, but I will try to keep this one in tiptop shape as my days are free so, blogging this will be for me. (Notice some poetry going on here? LOL!)

Well then, its a sunday today. Nothing much, the usual lazing on sundays are supposedly the better of all days in the week, no? I have thoughts of shopping, (as does any girl would!) but my partner has other plans like watching Olympics football (They should banned football in Olympics, what will football having so many kinds of seasons!!) so there goes my "brilliant idea" of how to spend your sunday today. *Crunching paper being tossed into the bin sound*

Oh well, toodle-de-dum! So how should a Sunday be spend I wonder? Maybe I'll try conning my partner to see a movie after dinner, any ideas what good movies to see? Nevermind, scratch that. He just gave me a boulder by saying MU is playing at 10pm.*Sob sob!* So much for a movie, sigh.

Geez, talk about boredom mania! Oh, I have to fill you in on a wedding I'd attended yesterday night. It was held in KL, somewhere along Jalan Tun Razak at a restaurant named Flower Drum (Or something to the extend, can't remember!) and at the start of the wedding dinner it was totally weird, we felt like aliens!. Why alien? 50% of those people sitting around me and my brother (Mum was seated at a different table three feet away) are family members we never knew existed! (Yes, yes, its to be expected I can hear y'all say, ahh...but wait! letme go on and you'll understand why)

Well, as I come from a NYONYA background we pride in being very, very family orientated. So it really is a huge shock finding out you don't really know who most of this people are, let alone the irony of it is that the bridegroom is my cousin who I didn't even knew existed and am appearing on his wedding dinner to which he himself doesn't know that I'm..well..errr..We are there. Even as he shook my hands after the whole dinner was over, as usual the bride and groom stands at the entrance thanking everyone who came. He still has no inkling he has shook hands with a relative. I could literally see it in his eyes that he has no idea!

Yeah well, no biggie I know.Its happened many a times, anyway this wasn't what I wanted to rant about tho. No, it was the ugly joke that happened during the wedding reception.

Normally, as the guest waits for the bride and the groom to appear in every chinese wedding dinner, guest are treated with food and beverages while being occupied by the emcee/emcees of the day.


First blunder; food arrived late, emcee was boring us with lame jokes (I meant really, "Weddings are all about guys losing thier bachelor degree and woman gaining thier masters!") Second blunder, Shark fin soup came second? Isn't it supposed to come first? Thirdly, friends/ relatives were toasting "Yam Sengs" to each other instead of to the bride and grooms (this was before, during and after the bride and groom came into the wedding hall) which was quite rude to be honest, (Hello people? ITS THE BRIDE AND BRIDESGROOMS DAY?) Oh, the wedding horrors!

Thankfully though, I think the happy couple didn't notice much of those blunders, so it was a success for them I assume.

*Hands up who has gone to weddings with realllllyyy bad emcees?!* Yes, this was one of them. He requested for us to "Please stand on your toes everyone?" and while congratulating the lovers, instead of " and thirdly.." he said "and TOADly.." followed by silence..and a loud guffaws coming from my table!!

Oh gosh! I tell you, he was then nickname the "TOADLY" guy and we had Toadly jokes, really he tried making jokes but it ended up being lame, but the best part was He was the butt of all jokes thorought the evening. Poor guy...

Alright, this is it for now. Next time, I'll compiled a list of DO's and Don'ts when you go for weddings. Till then, Ciao bella!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home