LiFe's Poetry In MotIon ~~<@

Monday, August 18, 2008

Traumatized

I had a horrifying day today (18/08/2008), it got me all upset and traumatized up till now as I type.



I don't know what really happened but this is how it starts. Woke up and got myself all dolled up, as it was Casting day today for a hair shoot at Kelana Square. All geared up and energized, I'd cleaned the house as much as I could and quickly took off to the car park.



Looked at the gas meter and realised that I needed to fill in gas soon. So I'd dropped by the gas station near the house on my way out and fill it.



As I hit the road again, everything was still smooth sailing until as I was passing by Taman Kinrara area, after Bintang where the road leads into the LDP highway (Its a shortcut everyone in Kinrara area uses it) I had to turn at a bend/curve as you call it that leads down to the highway, I suddenly lost control of the car, the steering wheel would not work with me, I couldn't turn it and the brakes weren't working either!

The car hit the curb, went on top of it, turned 360 degrees and crashed into the divider opposite. I was lucky the impact wasn't that bad, otherwise I would've crashed through the divider and down below ongoing traffic of the highway according to the kind motorcyclist who was ahead of me when the car started to swerve.

He (Motorcyclist) came and asked me through the window if I was okay. I was so shaken, I could literally feel my whole body tremble. I just couldn't believe I'd lost control of the car, nothing indicated that I would and I've drove through that bloody road a dozen time with the same speed.

Note: I wasn't even speeding! meter wasn't even at 100km, can't remember what speed though.

Then , he asked me what happened. I mouthed out through the window, and then realised it was closed, so I'd open the door instead and told him I don't exactly know what happened. Weird though, the car engine was still running!

I explained what had transpired and he checked the car for me, afterwards he said its okay. The car's okay only dented. I could still drive it, cause he drove my car back to the correct lane.
I was still shaken but thanked him profusely for stopping and helping me. God bless that man, who's a Malay by the way.

Then, I got in and drove to Kelana still determined to go for the casting. It was a slow drive, and I was feeling real edgy.

It totally wasn't a good day for me, when I got there I saw some tight competition.There was a guy and three pretty long legged girls on the couch waiting for the casting as well. I felt so plain beside them all, but didn't show it. They weren't model hot, just pretty typical Chinese kinda gurls. (Sigh!)

Then, I got chosen first to do the casting when two professional hairstylist came in. They took my picture , face first (also known as head shot), and then side profile, and lastly my back (to show the length of my hair)

I felt euphoria as I had a feeling I was near sure to get the call, then my heart sank. The last two questions they asked me got me down. The first was if I was willing to let them cut my hair any way they wanted. I excitedly said they have my blessings, then if I was willing if they'd colored it. That's when the sinking feeling came in, I sadly shake my head and bit my lips indicating a NO.

I knew my hair was what they wanted, as its a near perfect virgin. I never colored it, never permed, only ever had it cut. I think most of my friends who knows me could safely joke and say that my hairstyle has nearly never changed from the time they knew me.

I had a personal reason why, and they shook thier head indicating they understood. I knew then, that I had lost, as the other girls had curls and colored hair.

Still, I didn't exactly feel so jaded. The director who asked me to come, called me and kindly asked me how it was. I told him, and he encouraged me to try for another casting at Bangsar. That one's for a commercial shoot. I told him I'd love too, but wouldn't be able to make it as the casting finishes at 5pm, and I'd already estimated that I won't be able to make it in time from Kelana to Bangsar as it was already 4pm plus.

He said it was okay, anytime I want to join the casting just give him a call and he'll help me. What a nice man, who knows? Maybe my luck's in there for the next following time. I never counted myself even close to pretty, cuz all my life people's been saying "Oh! you're cute." and back then the definition of C-U-T-E is 'ugly but adorable' in the dictionary. LOL!


So yeah, not much of a self esteem, but I figured its good to be humble ain't it? The closest thing I'd ever got to being on tv was when I'd done the REXONA shoot with my partner. When it got on air, only my hair was noticeble behind the lead gurl's back in the bus. Haha...my hair got famous on TV! How hillarious!

Well, I'll stop here. Not much in the mood to remember much of yesterday, just counting my blessings am not in the hospital or in the morgue.

Toodlez...

3 Comments:

At August 19, 2008 at 3:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. I SHALL TRY MY HARDEST TO MAKE IT TO CASSIE"S HOUSE!!! and i like your blog xD ;D now to spam....leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment leave comment

 
At August 22, 2008 at 12:10 AM , Blogger yin said...

Oh my goodness...............

u are really lucky u know for not having a scratch on u. Very lucky. I also had car problem. Lol. Gimme five!

 
At August 23, 2008 at 11:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank God u're ok!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home